Frequently Asked Questions
Steps for Starting an ESL School
1. See the need in the your community.
2. Identify the person who will be the Director.
3. Help the church leadership catch the vision.
4. Recruit teachers and volunteers.
5. Train teachers.
6. Plan the structure of your school. Select a curriculum.
7. Advertise to potential students.
8. Start your ESL school.
** Bathe all of the above steps in constant prayer.
“When we rely upon organization, we get what organization can do; when we rely upon education, we get what education can do; when we rely upon eloquence, we get what eloquence can do. And so on. But when we rely upon prayer, we get what God can do.” Dr. A. C. Dixon, quoted by Robert Hall Glover, The Bible Basis of Missions, 186
“Prayer is action. By it we step out in advance of all other results. . . . Praying is an activity upon which all others depend. By prayer we establish a beachhead for the kingdom among peoples where it has never been before. Prayer strikes the winning blow. All other missionary efforts simply gather up the fruit of our praying.” David Bryant
Back to ESL