- Please pray that God would call church planters to these Midwest population centers:
- Oshkosh WI
- Council Bluffs IA
Local leaders have determined these locations to be strategic; there is already a group gathered in Council Bluffs. Ask that God would move in these communities and in the hearts of those called to these locations.
- Pray for Dan and Laura Millward as they transition from church planting ministry in Traverse City MI to start a new ministry in Detroit with Ryan McVicar, planting in Royal Oak. Dan will come alongside Ryan in ministry in the plant in Royal Oak as well as give leadership to a planned new work in Detroit.
- Pray for the work of Providence Presbyterian Church in Evansville IN, where Jerry Straight is the church planter. Meeting for worship for about six months now, the group is looking for ways to minister in the community and become a source of encouragement and service in Evansville. Pray with them that they would have open doors for outreach and ministry.
- Pray for Dan Herron in Bloomington IN, as he works to develop leaders for the new Hope Presbyterian Church. This new work is just a year old; the Herrons landed there to start the work from the ground up with only a brand new RUF ministry on the campus of Indiana University for partnership. They hope to begin worship in January 2014, but continue to lay the groundwork for well rounded ministry. Pray for Dan as he identifies leaders and recruits and trains them for ministry, as well as prepares “preview services” throughout the fall to introduce Hope to the people of Bloomington. Please also pray for Dan’s wife, Erica, who had cancer surgery in March and continues chemo and radiation. Ask that God bring healing to her body and peace to her and her family.
- Please pray for new initiatives in the Chicagoland area:
- A second service is in the exploratory stage this summer for Trinity PC in Hinsdale in the Palos Hills/Palos Heights area of the southwest suburbs. Worship will likely start in the fall in that area.
- A second site of Bethel Chicago is being planned to meet in Wheeling, north of the city
- Another daughter church is being planned for Covenant Chicago, to target another city neighborhood
- Pray that God will call church planters for city works in Milwaukee and Cleveland, two remaining significant population centers in the US with no PCA presence. Please also ask that He provide resources (human and financial) to support these works.
- Pray for Chris Lemmon in Kansas City KS and Marc Champagne in Mason OH, planters in works that are marked by their multicultural ministry. Both churches have significant ministry to recent immigrants. Ask that God would increase their number and their avenues for ministry into different people groups as they take the gospel to the nations in our own country. Pray for wisdom, visionary leadership, and a sense of joy and exuberance as the gospel is shared.