Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you, or remain absent, I may hear of you, that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the Gospel.
News: Videos from 2015 Mercy Conference available for viewing! Click here.
MNA Urban & Mercy Ministries
The purpose of MNA Urban & Mercy Ministries is to encourage and equip PCA churches and members to become involved in a growing way with ministries to people who not only need the Gospel but who face circumstances of tangible need or difficulty. While these needs exist everywhere, they are often more prevalent in the concentrated populations of the cities. These concentrations of population offer great opportunity for ministry because city programs can address the needs of many people in close proximity.
Since the founding of the PCA in 1973, the denomination has grown steadily in her commitment to mercy ministries. Today, these ministries have assumed four basic organizational forms with growing numbers in each category. Many of them are independent, parachurch ministries that address communities and people in need. Some are ministries based in suburban churches that supply funding, leadership and volunteers to work in communities of need. Some are inner-city churches whose ministry focus is solely the community of need. Still others are churches planted in affluent center-city areas, with the mercy ministry a defining core value of the church’s life and work.
The Role of MNA Mercy Ministries
Mission to North America serves PCA churches and presbyteries by encouraging and promoting mercy ministries in a number of different ways.
- Providing financial assistance to encourage minority leaders to attend colleges, seminaries and other training programs. Funding for this assistance is provided by the annual Thanksgiving Offering, given by PCA churches and individual members.
- Coordinating leadership training and internship opportunities among churches who serve communities of need.
- Conducting (or helping sponsor or plan) conferences that provide mercy ministry leadership training and encouragement.
- Promoting awareness of ministries, conferences and other training or educational resources that encourage the development of mercy ministries.
- Maintaining an up-to-date Mercy Ministries directory on the MNA web site.
- Developing the MNA web site as a resource for mercy ministries networking.
We Invite Your Participation
Please join with us in supporting and encouraging the mercy ministries of the PCA. May God’s grace and mercy be powerfully demonstrated as His people serve others in these many different ways We ask you to prayerfully consider participating with us through your financial support. You can make a tax-deductible contribution to any of the mercy ministries online. You can also mail contributions, made payable to Mission to North America, to:
Mission to North America
PO Box 890233
Charlotte NC 28289-0233
Designate: Urban & Mercy Ministries
For additional information, contact Randy Nabors
Please join with us in supporting and encouraging the mercy ministries of the PCA. May God’s grace and mercy be powerfully demonstrated as His people serve others in these many different ways.
In His service,
Urban & Mercy Ministries Coordinator