At MNA Special Needs Ministries, an outreach of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), our purpose is “making the gospel—the good news of the coming of the kingdom—accessible to all, in word and deed.” We desire to see the body of Christ made more complete by evangelizing and authentically integrating people with disabilities and their families into the life and mission of the church. We do this by offering services to congregations that Engage, Educate, Equip and Encourage them in ministering to and alongside people with disabilities and their families. In practice, this includes:
1. One-on-one consultative relationships with established congregations and church plants. We engage many ministries in a church – Christian Education, Children, Youth, Adults, Deacons, Pastors and staff – to integrate people touched by disability into the life and ministry of the church. Our experience is that mutual benefit takes place as people with disabilities and their families find supports—spiritually and physically—while the rest of the congregation learns from those whose life experience is different than theirs.
2. Making resources accessible. We identify and evaluate disability-related resources and organizations, and we connect churches to particular resources they need for educating their members.
3. Making new contributions to Christian literature addressing disability and the Church. Our staff members have written theologically sound and practical books, educational curricula, produced film series and overseen translation of our materials into three languages.
4. Strategically delivering our teaching and methods in training seminars and conferences, available to people in any denomination. We tailor-make training sessions to equip people at local churches, missions conferences, Bible colleges and seminaries. We offer workshop tracks at large conferences which we co-host with other national disability ministry organizations.
5. We actively network with like-minded Christian disability service organizations. We partner with local organizations and more than 50 Christian disability-related entities outside of our denomination.
For additional information, contact:
Stephanie Hubach, Director
278 Stony Lane
Stevens, PA 17578
Joel Wallace, Associate Director
MNA Special Needs Ministries Assistant