Children’s Ministry is one of the first avenues through which churches encounter families touched by disability. Engaging Disability With The Gospel seeks to come alongside young families and their church’s children’s ministry leadership and volunteers to support entire families as they grow in their walks with Christ.
Often, our covenant children with disabilities have unique needs that require additional supports and adaptations to be able to learn and fully participate in all that a church offers: Sunday school, mid-week activities, and other children’s programming such as VBS. We are committed to helping congregations with the vows they make at baptism to love, support, and nurture these kids as they grow in Christ.
Here are a few ways that Engaging Disability can help strengthen what your church is already doing in children’s ministry:
- Gospel-centered approach to special needs ministry that works in your context
- Strategic, positive behavior supports for worship and Sunday school
- Adapting curriculum to reach all learners
- Understanding the teaching-learning process in unique learners
- Wrap-around supports for children’s programs
We are available to help with Children’s Ministry training in which we paint the big picture of how to develop an organic, gospel-centered disability ministry within your existing children’s ministry. We tackle topics such as how to adapt teaching in mixed-ability classrooms and how to positively support challenging behavior. Click here to see how you can request this type of training at your church!
Connect with Engaging Disability at the following events:
- CDM Children’s Ministry Leadership Conference, April 10-12, Ridge Haven, NC. Ashley Belknap exhibiting and individual appointments available.
- RPC Women’s Conference, April 20-21, New York City, NY. Kristen Harnly speaking.
- Silent Auction, April 28, Lancaster, PA. Cheryl Erb hosting.