June 28 & 29
Friday night 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Saturday 8:45 am to 5:30 pm
Cristo Rey PCA
3353 W. Northwest Highway
Dallas, Texas 75220
Come to General Assembly in Dallas and stay for ESL Training!! Cost: $50 per person (includes all your training materials and lunch on Saturday)
Churches across the nation are discovering that offering free English classes in your community can be a bridge to your international neighbors, i.e. immigrants, refugees, international college students. But how can you do this if you don’t have a professional degree?
MNA ESL offers an 11-hour training course that can equip you to teach English and start an ESL School in your church and/or community.
In this training you will learn:
- How to start and maintain a fruitful ESL Ministry
- How to teach ESL to adult Internationals including:
- How to place students in the proper fluency level classroom
- How to Lesson Plan using professionally written curriculum
- How to introduce new vocabulary & sentences using new
- How to get the students to generate their own sentences
- How to build authentic relationships with your students
- How to share the Gospel both inside and outside the ESL Classroom
You do not need to speak a foreign language or be a professional teacher to be a volunteer ESL Teacher. All you need to do is speak English and love Jesus and we can teach you the rest. This training is interactive. During the training you will practice the skills that you are learning, create two lesson plans for different fluency levels and come away excited to serve the Lord through ESL Ministry.
In addition to being a great training for new ESL Volunteers, this is a great training for experienced ESL Volunteers to refresh their skills and be encouraged.
Complete details and Registration here.
Questions? Contact Nancy Booher at firstname.lastname@example.org.