“And He gave some…for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ…” Ephesians 4:12
A Ministry Matchmaker!
Ready to serve but don’t know how? Let us help. Volunteers of all ages and in all stages of their careers and retirement can use their gifts and skills to further God’s Kingdom by serving a diversity of ministry needs. MNA SecondCareer matches PCA church plants, churches, and other PCA ministries that have limited resources and a need for skilled help, with volunteers who have the needed skills and time to contribute.
A Second Career at Any Time
Our volunteers vary widely in age from 20 on up through retirement. Some are solidly in their first career but at the same time use their skills in a second career capacity for ministries in need. Other people are between jobs, at home, or of retirement age and have flexible schedules. Volunteers with recreational vehicles are discovering the joys of serving with our RV Ministry. One can make a difference and find significance by having a second career at any time serving God’s Kingdom.
Did you know:
- The PCA is one of the fastest growing Reformed denominations in North America, sending about 50 new church planters to the field each year.
- Approximately 300 PCA church planters are laboring on the field and most of them need additional staff and resources.
- Volunteers can play a significant role in increasing the effectiveness of pastors and ministries by providing skills, services, and encouragement.
Take a look at our current Opportunities to Serve to get an idea of the wide range of needs that are listed and the diversity of volunteers being sought. Some listings may require tech skills, business expertise, administrative or financial know-how, musical or teaching ability, manual labor, medical background, linguistic skills, or experience in urban, youth, prison, or mentoring ministries, just to mention a few. See the sidebar or click here.
Volunteers might serve virtually online from the comfort of home or travel to be onsite, depending on the ministry’s need. All across the US and Canada there are Kingdom opportunities waiting for volunteers who have a heart for the spread of the gospel. Let the Lord direct you to His purposes for your life.
If you have a recreational vehicle and would like to join with other RV owners in serving the Lord, we encourage you learn more about the RV Ministry. We regularly organize work trips to a variety of PCA related ministries while enjoying a great time of fellowship. See the website for all the details!
Serving the Local Church
When you consider volunteering to fill one of our Opportunities to Serve, please remember to also check with your own pastor to see if your skills would benefit your local church as well.
Want to List an Opportunity to Serve?
Church planters and other ministry leaders can start the process of listing an Opportunity to Serve by telling us about your ministry and particular need. Your information will go to the MNA SecondCareer Director who will be in touch with you. See the sidebar or click here.
Want to Volunteer?
We would like to know about you and your desire to serve! Please let us know if you have any questions, want to be put on our volunteer list, or are interested in a particular Opportunity to Serve listed on our website. Although volunteers can directly contact a ministry about an Opportunity to Serve, you are more than welcome to start your inquiry through us. Your information will go to the MNA SecondCareer Facilitator who will be in touch with you. See the sidebar or click here.
Keeping Up With Us
- Newsletter: Enjoy keeping up with MNA SecondCareer and learning about our most recent prayer concerns by signing up for our free quarterly e-newsletter. See the sidebar or click here. Feel free to print out extra copies of our most recent newsletter for your church missions committee and bulletin board. See the sidebar and click the “See Most Recent Newsletter” link.
- Facebook: You can also keep up with us on Facebook where you’ll enjoy pictures of our latest doings. Be sure to “Like” us when you get to our MNA SecondCareer Facebook page because that increases our online presence and more people will become aware of the ministry. See the sidebar or click here.
- Support: We are always grateful for new prayer and financial partners. Your financial support is a valuable part of making this ministry happen since we provide our match-making services at no charge to participants. See the Donate to SecondCareer button above the sidebar or click here.
For More Information
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.
MNA Disaster Response, ShortTerm Missions, and SecondCareer Director
MNA Disaster Response, ShortTerm Missions and SecondCareer Facilitator
MNA SecondCareer Regional Specialist, Mid-Atlantic
MNA SecondCareer RV Specialist