The 43rd General Assembly considered a personal resolution on racial reconciliation and referred the matter to the 44th General Assembly, so that lower courts could perfect and propose a resolution encouraging heartfelt repentance. Presbyteries have responded to this appeal “to prayerfully consider any and all sins of racial prejudice” by submitting overtures on racial reconciliation that call us to individual and corporate repentance. Repentance is an essential first step of racial reconciliation, but not the only one; and the 43rd General Assembly also encouraged sessions and presbyteries to “pursue a proper course of action humbly, sincerely and expeditiously”; and a proper course of action would include actively welcoming minority brothers called to pastoral ministry and encouraging their representation as Ruling and Teaching Elders in the PCA. So, the 44th General Assembly created The PCA Unity Fund.
Unity Fund Vision
To see future generations of reformed minority Teaching Elders, Ruling Elders and Missionaries raised up in the Presbyterian Church in America.
Unity Fund Mission
To subsidize the training, mentoring and development of minority leadership in the PCA through partnership with churches and presbyteries.
Unity Fund Objectives
- Provide Seminary tuition subsidies.
- Provide General Assembly expense subsidies for underrepresented minority Ruling and Teaching Elders and Licentiates.
- Provide Compensation expense subsidies for minorities serving as an Assistant Pastor in a PCA church, for the first two years of their ministry in churches.
- Provide Historical Research expense subsidies to explore the role that Reformed minority scholars, theologians and pastors have played in church history.
- Provide Resources and support for minorities interested in pursuing missions with Mission to The World and college ministry with Reformed University Fellowship.
We invite you to come alongside candidates, to mentor and train them into ministry. Please prayerfully consider giving to The PCA Unity Fund. The structure of The Fund is established. Having funds available for distribution awaits the generous contributions of God’s people. You can give online to The Unity Fund here. You may also donate by check. Please mail your check donation to:
Mission to North America
PO Box 890233
Charlotte NC 28289-0233
If you would like more information about The PCA Unity Fund, please contact Scott Bridges at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding applications, contact Alex Shipman, Chairman, at email@example.com or 256-270-9112.