MNA Future Church Planting Services
With expectation of Christ’s kingdom coming in greater fullness among us by the advance of his gospel in depth and breadth throughout North America, MNA is taking a major new step in serving churches and presbyteries as we strive together side by side for the progress of the gospel through church planting.
Experience demonstrates that church planting expands and flourishes when a church planting “ecosystem” (ecosystem: think in terms of a healthy, thriving lake, farm, forest, or ocean bay) is in place and thriving in these seven phases:
- Developing and recruiting church planters and church planting teams (Develop and Recruit)
- Assessing church planter candidates and their spouses (Assess)
- Training and assisting church planters in their fundraising (Fundraise)
- Seeking God’s guidance in placing the church planter (Placement)
- Providing church planter training (Train)
- Supporting and encouraging the church planter through coaching and mentoring (Coach and Mentor)
- Celebration and Renewal, reflecting on God’s great work thus far and looking to him for greater works in the future. (Celebrate and Renew)
In that vein, moving forward, the individuals below will be happy to assist you with any questions you might have related to the church planting ecosystem:
- Develop and Recruit (Contact: Chris Vogel 262-501-1161, email@example.com)
- Assess (For the April 2019 Assessment Center contact Ann Powers 630-910-0765, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Mary Ellen Garofalo 609-350-3323, email@example.com for Assessment Center applications after the April 2019 Assessment Center or for Assessment Center information.)
- Fundraise (Contact: Fred Marsh 404-307-8266, firstname.lastname@example.org for fundraising, or if you have a church planting budget question, contact Chris Bolton 615-717-5756, email@example.com)
- Placement (Alan Foster 678-232-8049, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Train (Contact: Chris Bolton 615-717-5756, email@example.com; Ted Strawbridge will also provide leadership in church planter training)
- Coach and Mentor (Contact: Doug Swagerty 760-814-4644, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Celebrate and Renew (Contact: Paul Hahn 865-237-8178, email@example.com)
Additional Church Planting Services Contact Information:
Other Church Planting Information
Stefanie Dunnington , 678-825-1239, firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Planter Apprenticeships
Chris Vogel, 262-501-1161, email@example.com
Regional Church Planting Associates
Bill James, 919-475-8381, firstname.lastname@example.org (Mid-Atlantic)
Doug Swagerty, 760-814-4644, email@example.com (California)
Vinny Tauriello, 267-444-8988, firstname.lastname@example.org (Northeast)
In the early days of the PCA, MNA focused primarily on organizing churches transferring into the PCA from other denominations. In its next generation, MNA assumed direct responsibility for providing in a centralized fashion the services required for the seven phases. In recent years, MNA has moved steadily toward a resourcing and training role as churches and presbyteries assume a growing ownership and have achieved ever-greater skills in developing local and regional ecosystems for church planting.
God has blessed the PCA with a strong sense of calling to church planting. For more than 15 years, an average of one church planter has been placed on the field each week across North America. While this is a good number for a denomination the size of the PCA, we want to trust God for more. We believe the time has come for MNA to move toward an even greater focus on serving churches, presbyteries and networks in their development of church planting ecosystems. Accordingly, MNA will begin highlighting the seven phases above by identifying a contact person for each phase, along with developing multiple staff leadership to provide growing services in each of these crucial areas. In short, if we are to see church planting multiply, it is time for us to pursue new and best pathways for multiplication, so that local and regional systems of church planting begin to reproduce radically.
As one of the core services that MNA provides, we expect to continue conducting centralized Church Planter Assessment Centers in Atlanta through the remainder of 2019. In 2020 and beyond, we intend to multiply our assessments into regional, and even local, expressions. Please be on the lookout in the weeks ahead for more announcements related to this exciting new chapter.
As we make the changes in MNA church planting services, Church Planting Coordinator Ted Powers and Church Planting Assistant Ann Powers will be stepping away from their MNA roles after 17 and 21 years, respectively, of faithful service.
Please explore the resources listed on this page and the rest of the MNA web site and prayerfully consider participating with us through your financial support. You can make a tax-deductible donation to MNA Church Planting
We at MNA ask your prayers for God’s leading and blessing in our ongoing church planting movement. May the gates of hell not stand against the advance of Christ’s church! Amen.
Paul Hahn, MNA Coordinator