With expectation of Christ’s kingdom coming in greater fullness among us by the advance of his gospel in depth and breadth throughout North America, MNA is taking a major new step in serving churches and presbyteries as we strive together side by side for the progress of the gospel through church planting.
Experience demonstrates that church planting expands and flourishes when a church planting “ecosystem” (ecosystem: think in terms of a healthy, thriving lake, farm, forest, or ocean bay) is in place and thriving in these seven phases:
- Developing and recruiting church planters and church planting teams (Develop and Recruit)
- Assessing church planter candidates and their spouses (Assess)
- Training and assisting church planters in their fundraising (Fundraise)
- Seeking God’s guidance in placing the church planter (Placement)
- Providing church planter training (Train)
- Supporting and encouraging the church planter through coaching and mentoring (Coach and Mentor)
- Celebration and Renewal, reflecting on God’s great work thus far and looking to him for greater works in the future. (Celebrate and Renew)
In the early days of the PCA, MNA focused primarily on organizing churches transferring into the PCA from other denominations. In its next generation, MNA assumed direct responsibility for providing in a centralized fashion the services required for the seven phases. In recent years, MNA has moved steadily toward a resourcing and training role as churches and presbyteries assume a growing ownership and have achieved ever-greater skills in developing local and regional ecosystems for church planting. Click here to read more.
Disaster Response Volunteers Needed at Wilmington NC – Now Through 8/30/19
Volunteers are needed in Wilmington NC to help with disaster response work now through the end of the summer of 2019. Both skilled and unskilled volunteers are needed; teams are asked to have at least one skilled person. For more information or to schedule a team, please contact Sherry Lanier, email@example.com.
- Panama City FL – Volunteers are needed through June 10, 2019.
- Wilmington NC – Volunteers are needed through August 30, 2019.
- Albany GA – Volunteers are needed through June 30, 2019
To register as a MNA Disaster Response volunteer click here.
If you have any questions about any of these sites, please contact Sherry Lanier, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission to North America exists to celebrate and share the gospel of Jesus Christ in the United States and Canada by coming alongside the local and regional church in Church Planting, Missional Partnerships, and Church Renewal. For ministry information, look for subjects of interest to you, or search on key words. To donate to MNA or a specific MNA ministry, click here.