With expectation of Christ’s kingdom coming in greater fullness among us by the advance of his gospel in depth and breadth throughout North America, MNA is taking a major new step in serving churches and presbyteries as we strive together side by side for the progress of the gospel through church planting.
Experience demonstrates that church planting expands and flourishes when a church planting “ecosystem” (ecosystem: think in terms of a healthy, thriving lake, farm, forest, or ocean bay) is in place and thriving in these seven phases:
- Developing and recruiting church planters and church planting teams (Develop and Recruit)
- Assessing church planter candidates and their spouses (Assess)
- Training and assisting church planters in their fundraising (Fundraise)
- Seeking God’s guidance in placing the church planter (Placement)
- Providing church planter training (Train)
- Supporting and encouraging the church planter through coaching and mentoring (Coach and Mentor)
- Celebration and Renewal, reflecting on God’s great work thus far and looking to him for greater works in the future. (Celebrate and Renew)
In the early days of the PCA, MNA focused primarily on organizing churches transferring into the PCA from other denominations. In its next generation, MNA assumed direct responsibility for providing in a centralized fashion the services required for the seven phases. In recent years, MNA has moved steadily toward a resourcing and training role as churches and presbyteries assume a growing ownership and have achieved ever-greater skills in developing local and regional ecosystems for church planting. Click here to read more.
Spring 2019 Major Flooding Event
Spring 2019 is bringing in an historic flooding throughout much of the Midwest. This event is projected to include river flooding in at least 25 states! MNA Disaster Response is in contact with PCA pastors and leaders in the areas that are being affected. This event is continuing to unfold so please check back here for more information as it becomes available.
Volunteers Still Needed in FL, GA, and NC!
MNA Disaster Response is continuing to help those affected by the Paradise CA Fire, Hurricane Michael, and Hurricane Florence. Here is a recap of the need, but know the FIRST thing needed by all at every site is PRAYER:
Paradise CA fire: Ridge PCA in Paradise CA was completely destroyed. This congregation is currently worshipping at nearby Chico CA. Out of 117 family units at Ridge PCA, 110 lost their homes. The need at this time is first PRAYER; second, financial. To give please click here.
Hurricane Michael: First, pray for those affected and still reeling from this catastrophic event. Financial help (click here to give) is needed as well as volunteers at the following sites:
- Albany GA – general volunteers to assist with tree and debris removal
- Panama City FL – some general volunteers but teams are asked to have at least one or two skilled members of each team; after March the need will be primarily for skilled volunteers.
Hurricane Florence: Financial help (click here to give). Volunteers are still needed at New Bern NC – both general and skilled volunteers.
To register as a MNA Disaster Response volunteer click here.
If you have any questions about any of these sites, please contact Sherry Lanier, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission to North America exists to celebrate and share the gospel of Jesus Christ in the United States and Canada by coming alongside the local and regional church in Church Planting, Missional Partnerships, and Church Renewal. For ministry information, look for subjects of interest to you, or search on key words. To donate to MNA or a specific MNA ministry, click here.